When you can no longer be able to treat acne scars with home remedies or medicine, you need professional acne marks treatment from dermatologist. There are many conditions that cannot be treated with drugstore products or home remedies. When mild microdermabrasion acne scars does not work, it is time to discuss with dermatologist. There are several options to treat acne scars professionally, and each has its own benefits and downsides. Therefore, you need to consult with your dermatologist before choosing one method.
Acne Marks Treatment Plan
Acne Marks Treatment Discussion Topics with Doctor
Since acne scar treatment is not cheap, you need to get the optimum result with whatever treatment you choose. Consultation becomes a very important process before you choose acne marks treatment plan. Here is what you need to discuss with your doctor thoroughly:
- Do you need to treat your acne scars? This is an important question that determines whether you need to spend money on treatment or not. You may feel that the acne scars are not too annoying.In this case, not getting any treatment is totally an option. However, you may want to consider treatment if the scars limit your opportunities from getting a date or job, or if they make you less social than before.
- What results do you want toachieve? Acne marks treatment options leave different results. As a result, you need to determine what final look you want to achieve. For example, you may want to make the skin less “wavy.” Alternatively, you simply want the scars to fade and look subtler, albeit not disappear altogether.
- How much money and time can you invest? Money and time are two important factors you need to include in treatment plans. Good acne scar treatments cost a lot of money.Depending on the severity of the scar, you may need to repeat the treatment. In addition, a lot of acne marks treatment options usually leave your skin sensitive. In this case, you cannot expose it to sun or makeup and skincare products. Therefore, you need to invest time to lay low for several days to weeks, depending on the recommended recuperation time.
After discussing all the necessary questions, you can discuss the available options with the dermatologist. Make sure to understand that professional dermatologists rely on medical knowledge to determine the best treatment plan. In addition, make sure you give complete information about your skin condition, including additional info such as sensitivity or allergy.
Possible Acne Mark Treatment Options from Dermatologists
Depending on the type and severity of your acne scars, the doctor may recommend more than one treatments. The acne marks treatment options generally depend on whether your acne scars are raised (forming bumps) or depressed (forming holes or craters).Here are some possible acne scar treatments a dermatologist may recommend to treat severe acne scars:
- Treatments for raised acne scars.
If your acne scars are raised or bumpy, dermatologists may recommend one of common treatment options. They include surgery, laser therapy, injection with corticosteroid or interferon, cryosurgery, and topical products such as silicone bandage and special prescribed cream. If the acne scars are severe, several treatments may be combined to achieve intended result.
- Treatments for depressed acne scars.
If your acne scars are depressed and creating small “holes” or “craters,” treatments may be one of these: resurfacing therapy (peeling off dead skin cells with dermabrasion, chemical peeling, etc), collagen filling, needling, skin tightening, or surgery. If the acne scars are severe, you may need two or several therapies combined, so the result is satisfactory.
Each of these treatments is suitable for certain types of scars. Therefore, what you get depends on your condition. If the acne scars are deep, usually a dermatologist needs to combine at least two treatments for the optimum result. In addition, while surgery sounds like a very extreme procedure, this is actually done in a dermatologist office or clinic. The patient only needs local anesthetic to make the face feels numb, but he or she stays alert during the procedure. Just remember that each treatment has its own risks and side effects, so make sure you consider them.
Choosing the best treatment for acne scar can be a bit complicated if the scars are severe or deep. However, the available treatments are all common and not considered difficult, as long as you talk with professional dermatologists. When regular treatments can no longer solve your problem, you may feel that your social life is impacted.It is time to invest in acne marks treatment options with professional dermatologist.