Having acne-prone sensitive skin can be exhausting. You need to find the best facial treatment in a very careful way. Your skin may react adversely to a new beauty product. The reaction may come in various forms, such as acne breakout. Therefore, you need to choose acne treatment for sensitive skin in a careful way to avoid such adverse reactions.
Actually, the best way to treat acne-prone sensitive skin is doing proper cleansing and toning as well as applying the right moisturizing products. These are the basic things, which you can do to avoid acne breakout. In addition, you need to find out what to use and to avoid on your sensitive skin.
Tips for Acne Treatment for Sensitive Skin
If you are dreaming of having glowing and vibrant skin, despite sensitive type, you need to know how to treat acne on sensitive skin. The following are some important steps to do:
This is the very first treatment for your acne-prone sensitive skin. Proper cleansing is helpful in avoiding acne breakout. Keeping your skin clean is important to avoid clogging of dirt and grease in the pores. This is the main cause of pimples. The following are some tips for cleansing your sensitive skin:
- Use gentle cleansers and face wash with soft formula to wash your face
- Avoid harsh cleansers and soaps
- Use hypoallergenic cleansers that does not disrupt the normal skin pH
- Use mild body wash twice a day
- Use new soft cotton funnel to treat pimples and clean your face. Alternatively, you can use terry washcloth to avoid bacterial infection
Exfoliation is indeed for very skin types, but it must be done with care for acne-prone sensitive skin. Your skin can react adversely to harsh exfoliants. Furthermore, try to avoid exfoliation as it may damage the natural oil barrier on your skin. Therefore, the bacteria can easily spread and cause acne breakout. However, if you need to do it, make sure to pay attention to the following things:
- Avoid harsh scrubs and cleansing pads
- Do not scrub your face to remove blackheads or acne breakout as it may irritate your sensitive skin and result in redness and burning sensation
Toning and Moisturizing
These are two important parts of the best acne treatment for sensitive skin. Applying toner and moisturizer helps maintain your skin in smooth and healthy condition. Some tips to use toning and moisturizing products for your acne-prone sensitive skin include using non-toxic and hypoallergenic toner to minimize the risk of adverse reaction. Moreover, find hypoallergenic moisturizers, specially formulated for sensitive skin. Such products help promote acne-healing process and nourish your skin. In addition, hypoallergenic products avoid irritating or making it oily.
Finally, you can minimize the appearance of pimples by applying concealing products. Again, make sure to choose hypoallergenic concealer made of loose mineral. Thick concealer can clog the pores and lead to acne breakout.
Tips on How to Treat Acne on Sensitive Skin
Besides cleansing, exfoliating, toning, and using moisturizing products in a proper way, there are many other ways to treat your sensitive skin. You may need to avoid certain products that can irritate your skin, apply homemade DIY products, and modify your skin. The following are some additional tips to treat acne-prone sensitive skin at home:
- Avoid beauty and skin care products that contain benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, aluminum, and Retin A. Even though benzoyl peroxide is one of popular best drugstore acne treatment options for acne breakout, the case is different for sensitive skin. Benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid can irritate your sensitive skin
- Opt for products made of natural ingredients, such as aloe vera gel, tea tree oil and lavender oil, as they are friendly to sensitive skin.
- Make sure to modify your died by avoiding foods that contain artificial additives and toxins.
Those are some important things, which you need to know as the best part of acne treatment for sensitive skin. That way, you can get the dreamed glowing and healthy skin.