Acne is one of the most common and annoying problems among men and women. Cystic acne, particularly, leaves unpleasant look. The good news is that cystic acne treatment is not necessarily expensive, as there are many natural home remedies to help remove the scars. In addition, acne breakout can be made worse by excessive sebum production. Therefore, reducing its production can help prevent acne relapse.
Cystic Acne Treatmen with Turmeric
Cystic Acne Treatment with Turmeric
Turmeric is one of the most popular and inexpensive options of how to get rid of acne scars at home. The question is, “Is turmeric effective for treating cystic acne?” The answer depends upon many aspects, including diet, consistency in the use of acne treatment, and even health condition. Overall, turmeric is good for skin health, as it has the following properties:
- Anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that help kill the acne-causing bacteria
- Anti-inflammatory property that helps reducing and treating inflammation, redness, pain, and swelling, thanks to its curcumin contents
- Anti-oxidant property that helps removing free radicals and preventing acne relapse
- Anti-septic property that helps removing residues of bacterial infection and dead skill cells
- Anti-tumor, astringent, anti-allergic, astringent, and anti-spasmodic properties that help cleansing and removing toxins from the skin pores
Furthermore, turmeric can be used as a single homemade cystic acne treatment or mixed with other natural ingredients. This way, you can combine the treatment to accelerate the healing process.
Natural Cystic Acne Treatment Recipes with Turmeric
The following are some options of natural cystic acne treatment at home using turmeric. They are simple to prepare but providing you with fast relief as long as you use them in a consistent way.
Turmeric with and Olive Oil
This recipe will help relieve the cystic acne breakout from the inside. Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix it with a dash of black pepper and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Mix them with small amount of water and consume daily. In addition, you can prepare turmeric and olive oil paste as external treatment. Here are the steps:
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of turmeric powder and 5 tbs of olive oil. If you cannot find olive oil, use sesame oil instead
- Mix them into paste
- Clean your face; then, put a warm wash cloth onto your face for about 5 minutes
- Pat your skin dry before applying the paste
- Apply the paste, and leave it overnight
- Wash your face in the morning
- Do the treatment every day, until you see improvements.
Baking soda acne scars recipes
Natural treatment recipes with tea tree oil
Turmeric and Sandalwood
Another additional ingredient for natural cystic acne treatment with turmeric is sandalwood powder. You can use the mixture in various ways. Here are two of them:
- Prepare ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder, and 2 tablespoons of yogurt (choose plain yogurt). Mix the ingredients into paste. Apply it onto clean and dry face and let it for 20 minutes. Then, wash your face using cool water and pat it dry. Finally, apply oil-free moisturizer to keep your face moistened. Do the treatment 3 times a week.
- Prepare ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder, 2 tbs of sandalwood powder, and milk as necessary. Mix the ingredients into a paste. Apply the paste on the affected area on your face and let it for 30 minutes or more. Wash your face using lukewarm water. Do the treatment regularly (at least 3 times a week).
- The third option is mixing ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder with ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder. Instead of using milk or yogurt, you can use 1 tablespoon of rosewater to prepare a paste. Apply the paste onto cleaned and dried face and let it for 20 minutes. Wash with water and pat dry.
Besides olive oil and sandalwood, turmeric can be mixed with other ingredients as cystic acne treatment. They include mint, basil, oatmeal, lentils, nutmeg, lemon, coconut oil, and many more. However, you need to use them regularly for better and faster results.