Acne is a common inflammatory skin problem. The problem is that treating the scars is more difficult than treating the acne itself. The acne scars can leave unpleasant look on the face. The good news is that there are some options of home remedy for acne scars. They include apple cider vinegar – a natural ingredient, which is widely used to treat many skin problems. When used properly and regularly, apple cider vinegar helps prevent re-formation of acne and lighten the acne scars.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne Scars
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar as Home Remedy for Acne Scars
Apple cider vinegar is rich in essential properties, which are important to help removing the acne and its annoying scars. It also contains astringent property to drain out the excess oil, reduce the skin pores, scrape off the dirt and dead skin cells that cause clogging of the pores. The following are some other benefits of apple cider vinegar as a natural home remedy for acne scars:
- Its antibiotic and anti-septic properties help reducing acne inflammation and facilitating acne treatment.
- Apple cider vinegar returns pH level balance, when it is applied topically
- It contains essential nutrients, such as Vitamin A, Vitamin B2 and B6, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E
- It contains amino acids that helps dissolving fatty deposits and removing dead skin cells
- And it contains lactic acids that have exfoliating properties, reducing red marks, and softening the skin surface;
Other properties of apple cider vinegar include aldehyde, carbolic acid, minerals, and acetic acids. Those properties that make apple cider vinegar a powerful home remedy for acne and scars. It also has a strong detox and cleansing properties.
Also read: How to Get Rid of Acne Scars Fast with Natural
Home Remedy for Acne Scars with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can be used in many ways as home remedy for acne scars. The following are some alternatives you can try at home:
Apple Cider Vinegar with Water
Using apple cider vinegar with water to treat acne and its scars is simple. The following are the steps:
- Prepare apple cider vinegar and water in equal quantities and cotton ball as an applicator.
- Mix both ingredients thoroughly.
- Dip the cotton ball in it; and then apply to the acne scars and the affected skin
- Let it for 5 to 10 minutes, and then wash thoroughly with water
Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
Honey is another natural ingredient, which has many benefits for skin. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, which the skin needs for its health and beauty. The following are steps to use apple cider vinegar and honey as a natural home remedy for acne scars:
- Prepare two tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2/3 cup water, 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, and cotton ball;
- Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly
- Dip the cotton ball into the mixture and then apply to the affected skin, which has been cleaned before
- Let it for 30 to 45 minutes before washing
- You may use lukewarm water to help washing the honey faster.
- Do this treatment once a day
Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey, Green Tea, and Sugar
Sugar is a home remedy, which is widely used as a scrub ingredient. Sugar helps exfoliating the dead skin cells, while honey maintains the skin moisture. The following are steps to prepare this home remedy for acne and scars:
- Prepare 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 5 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons green tea, and 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a thick mixture
- Clean and dry your skin before applying the mixture
- Massage your face gently in circular motion for 2 to 5 minutes
- Let the mixture for about 10 minutes before washing
- Apply face toner with a cotton ball and wash it in the morning
- Do this treatment twice a week
Tips to Use Apple Cider Vinegar as a Natural Home Remedy For Acne Scars
To get the best results, make sure to pay attention to the following things:
- Use organic apple cider vinegar instead of filtered and pasteurized one
- If you have sensitive skin, do not use undiluted apple cider vinegar as it may be too strong for your skin
- Do not apply the vinegar on open wound, too near to eyes, or on very dry skin areas
- Make sure to clean and dry your skin properly before applying any solution
- For the first use, do a patch test to check out any allergic reaction
- Consult your doctor if no relief is visible after regular use of apple cider vinegar solution
Besides those three ways of using apple cider vinegar as a home remedy for acne scars, you can also use it as a toner ingredient, mix it with lemon juice, or baking soda. Do the treatment regularly to get faster results.