Adults are as prone to acne as teenagers. Therefore, knowing how to fade acne scars effectively is important, especially if you are one of the acne-prone people despite already passed your teenage years. There are various reasons why an adult can develop acne. They vary from not having good personal skin hygiene, to the more difficult hormonal acne. While there are hormonal acne treatment options that work wonder, the resulting scars can still be ugly to look at.If you have problems with adult acne scars, do not worry. There are ways to reduce those scarssuccessfully.
Fade Acne Scars on Adults
How to Fade Acne Scars from Hormonal Acne
Hormonal acne scars are harder to remove than acne caused by poor personal hygiene is. Basically, if you try to improve your personal hygiene but still get acne, and if you experience periodic breakout, the acne is probably hormonal. Therefore, you need certain ways to prevent acne scars from adorning your face permanently. How to fade acne scars for adults is by combining various treatments, from topical to oral treatment. It also includes paying attention to what you eat.
Here is how to fade acne scars if you are an adult who experience hormonal acne, whatever your skin types are:
- Improve Your Morning Facial Regime. Morning facial regime is important for every adult, especially those with acne-prone skin. Start your day by washing your face with facial cleanser gel. Avoid using use anything with creamy texture. After washing your face with this cleanser and warm water, pat your face with clean towel. Do not rub the face!
- Use Serum Instead of Moisturizer. Serum may be more expensive than regular moisturizer, but since serum formula can seep deeper into skin, it can treat your skin better. Serum, especially those with special formula to reduce dark spots and fade acne scars on adults, is a great treatment for any adults with dark spot problems on their faces.
- Use natural sunscreen. Sunscreen and serum are basically enough to protect your face from UV rays that cause blemishes and dark spots. However, if you are prone to acne, you can choose natural sunscreen or sunscreen with special formula for sensitive skin. This kind of serum usually contains titanium dioxide or zinc dioxide. Regular use of sunscreen will also prevent UV rays from aggravating your acne scars and pimples.
- Use gentle exfoliation toner once a week. After you finish all the activities and before go to bed, use the same treatment methods described above. However, once a week, use gentle exfoliation toner too, such as during weekend. This toner is great to remove the build-up dirt and a week’s worth of dead skin cells. Combining the toner with good facial cleansing gel and serum is how to fade acne scars using regular facial treatment without aggravating your skin condition. Do not use it too much since the exfoliation function can irritate your skin with excessive use.
- Try clay mask. If you experience breakout but do not want to make the skin dries out with acne products, try using clay mask on the spots. When it dries out, it does not make the surrounding skin crusty or flaky. In addition, it does not make your skin “burned.” You can safely use it repeatedly until the acne heals. If you need extra after-acne treatment, simply use skin blemish cream with mild formula. Go back to the previous treatment regime after the acne breakout period is over. Furthermore, never sleep with your face dirty.
Finally, pay attention to what you put into your body. Eating healthy food is another way of how to fade acne scars and make the skin look better naturally. You must reduce the consumption of processed foods and fried foods. High-fat foods can aggravate your skin condition and make the acne harder to treat. It means that there is risk of getting acne scars. Consuming healthy fats such as olive oil or coconut oil and increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables will help improving your skin condition. Do not forget to drink a lot of water.
Adult acne can happen to anyone with various skin types, and it can leave marks. There are factors that can make acne scars look more prominent. They include poor hygiene and wrong cleansing methods. Choosing the wrong products can also aggravate your skin condition and make the acne scars more prominent. Therefore, pay attention to the product and invest in really good skincare regime. Make sure you know how to fade acne scars when it happens, so you can keep your face free of blemishes.