Using various honey concoctions is how to get rid of acne scars naturally while preventing breakout from happening again. Honey has various active ingredients that are great to keep your skin free of both acne and acne scars. While you can use other ingredients like coconut oil for acne scars, for example, honey gives you unique benefits such as antibacterial, antiseptic, and antioxidant functions, leaving your skin healthier, smoother, and free of breakout or noticeable blemishes.
Honey is very versatile ingredient. You can simply use raw honey for natural acne scar remedy. Alternatively, you can mix it with other natural ingredients and home products to create the best natural remedies.
Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally with 5 Honey Mixtures
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally with Honey Remedies
Basically, applying organic raw honey directly to your problematic area is enough as natural acne scar remedy. You can leave it for 10 minutes like face mask before washing the face. However, if you feel that your acne scar problem is slightly more severe, you can try mixing the honey with other ingredients to create more potent remedies.
Here is how to get rid of acne scars naturally using 5 types of honey concoctions to make at home:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder until it becomes a paste. Directly apply it on problematic spots and leave it for 15 minutes. Afterward, massage that area for about 3 minutes with clean finger, to scrape off dead skin cells. While the honey is antibacterial, turmeric is great for inflamed acne scars that cause redness and irritation.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Apply the mixture on problematic area evenly, and leave it for about 10 minutes. Spray some water a bit onto the face and massage the entire face for 2-3 minutes. Rinse the face afterward. The mixture of lemon juice and honey is great to remove dead cell layer and reduce discoloration because of scars.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil evenly. Use your clean finger to apply and massage the problematic area with this mixture for 5 minutes. If the scar spreads on wider area, you can leave the honey on the face for another 10 minutes before washing the face with warm water. The mixture is great to remove toxins from the pores and make the skin smooth.
- Blend 1 ripe tomato with 1 tablespoon of honey until they become a paste. Then, apply it to your face like a mask. Leave the mixture for about 20 minutes before washing the face with warm water. The lycopene in the tomato will give additional benefits. They include reducing impurities and blemishes, and helping in healing damaged skin cell.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt and 5 drops of lemongrass extract. Use it as a mask to massage and exfoliate the scarred skin for about 5 minutes. Leave the mixture for about 10-15 minutes, before you wash the face. This is a good exfoliation mixture to kill bacteria and scrape off dead skin cells.
Also read: Best Treatment for Acne Scars Recommended by Dermatologists
With these solutions of how to get rid of acne scars naturally, you can get better skin condition in faster time. Basically, whatever mixture you use, the main benefits still come from the raw honey. This ingredient has both antiseptic and antibacterial functions, which treat the acne quickly. In addition, honey has moisturizing function, so your skin will be smooth and fine when the scars slowly heal. Adding some other beneficial mixtures with the honey is how to get rid of acne scars naturally, without using too many artificial chemicals.